Some brogress on the project:
The left hand side rear fender coming along nicely.
A ”new” right hand side fender (Many thanks Eirik!)
Only a little rust repair needed, otherwise a very good piece.
For the past week I’ve been working on the roof:
The rear part is pretty ok.
But there’s quite a lot of high spots in the front area. I can’t do much about those, I’ll just have to use putty to smooth them out…
I put on coat of primer to better see the shape. Pretty good looking, still needs a little filling and sanding, but the basic shape is fine.
– – –
I sprayed a layer of filler on the roof and inside the car on the surfaces that will be visible. I also put some body sealer on the seams in the engine room, so I will have to wait for it to dry before painting the engine room.
Tomorrow – more sanding! (Wet sanding this time. )