Spare engine for the two-stroke, part 2

A little more work on the spare engine. Mostly painting and cleaning.

I didn’t notice it until I started to tap the cylinder head bolt threads, but someone had broken a bolt in the block. Apparently he didn’t have the proper tools to remove it and made a hack job of extracting the broken off bit. Well – as a result – the thread is destroyed and the bit was still at the bottom of the hole… Removing it was a 10 minute job with a drill and a bolt extractor (and a compressed air pistol which finally blew the bit out of the hole).

Now I need to find a bigger diameter replacement bolt and re-thread the block.

Leave a comment