Just a quick update on a few bits and pieces:
I had this 1.7 crankshaft that needed grinding for under size bearings. But as it happened bearings in the sizes I needed were not that easy to get. I needed 0.50mm for the connecting rods and the full 1mm for the main bearings. Standard sizes were available in several webstores, but the under sizes were not.
Finally, after a week of searching Stig from veteranshop.se came through and got me some. Excellent news! Now I can have the crank machined.
I also got the electrics mostly done.
The car had this old Mobelec Max Electronic Ignition system. It can be used with points as it’s designed for ”contacts assisted” installation. If it works it should give stronger spark. We shall see…
Also I found some old rear fenders to use. I have new ones also, but I think I will spare those for better use… 🙂
And we need to figure out how to fit a Saab 99 radiator in there…
There we go – all sorts of stuff still to figure out.